Castle Leoch has played a starring role in Outlander from the start . In the first episode it appears twice , in 1945 and 1745 . Castle Leoch is real life Doune Castle in Scotland . Frank and Claire visit a ruined version of the castle after the end of World War Two. When Claire gets thrown back to the 18th century Jamie and his companions take Claire to Castle Leoch to keep her safe .
Doune Castle – Castle Leoch
Originally dating to the 13th Century, Doune Castle near Stirling plays Castle Leoch , home to Colum MacKenzie and his clan.
Once a Royal residence, Doune Castle was rebuilt by Robert Stewart, Duke of Albany in the late 14th Century. Doune was a favourite haunt of Mary Queen of Scots when it was mainly used as a hunting lodge .
Doune Castle has five claims to move fame –
- Game of Thrones – Winterfell
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- the Outlaw King
- Mary Queen of Scots
Private tours Edinburgh are Good to Go – The ‘We’re Good To Go’ industry standard and supporting mark means we adhere to the respective government and public health guidance, and have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment to ensure the required processes and protocols are in place.
This tour costs £250 for a group of up to four people .
For more details phone +44131 549 9785 or contact us online .
What makes our tours unique ?
- professional guide
- private tours- only small groups up to four people
- photography / videos – we help customers to take the best possible pictures on their trip
- Scottish music – TV / film themes and Scottish artists
- information about Scottish culture and arts
- unique souvenirs are available, speak to your driver for details
This month we have an Outlander sale on gifts for Sassenachs everywhere , including jigsaw puzzles, face masks ,stickers and prints .